Thursday, July 10, 2008

Daily Links - 7/10/08

Is the other shoe (wait, the third shoe?) going to drop? This article mentions in passing that the Cardinals could be in the hunt for Erik Bedard.


I have a love/hate relationship with Jon Heyman of SI - I love the behind-the-scenes information that he reports on a regular basis, but I am vehemently opposed to his version of analysis (or actually, his aversion to any non-traditional statistics). He is a nice guy, though, we traded emails about VORP a few months ago and at least he has a sense of humor about the issue. This article is in the vein of behind-the-scenes info regarding who might get traded at the deadline. I love articles like this.

There is a recap of the Johan Santana trade after a half season on the Major League Jerk blog. As you know, I enjoy this kind of stuff, too. I'm just upset that they beat me to it.

I was able to see a game at Tiger Stadium the last year that Detroit played there and I am very happy that I did. It was one of the great old stadiums in the league. The picture that accompanies this story makes me a little sad.

This is kind of a mixed bag of items, but I really like the concept he talks about in the first part, equating strike outs and infield pop ups to pitcher dominance.

I'm not sure how I missed parts 1 and 2 of this series (they are linked from part 3), but this is great.

No comments: