Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Daily Links

The bloggers union has been getting on me about the lack of links that I provide on a daily basis, so I decided I should try and fulfill my quota. Here, then, are links to the stories that I've been reading today.

Joe Sheehan (who I almost always disagree with) had a nice take on the CC Sabathia trade.

I love this idea for a yearly column, some of the guys on the list, though, seem to have been washed up for a while now.

I didn't see this play happen live, but I watched the replay multiple times last night and this morning.

Buster Olney's recap of news stories from around major league baseball is a must-read every morning and I agree with his take on the Cubs response to the CC Sabathia trade.

Fan Graphs has Evan Longoria as the most valuable commodity in major league baseball. I'm not sure I can agree with that, but they've got the numbers and methodology to support that position. Agree or not, it is a fascinating piece.

Former Dodger's GM Paul DePodesta is in the front office for the Padres now and he wants the public's opinion on what the Padres should do at the trading deadline.

And that's all I've got for now. I'll try to post a half dozen or so links every day, just to keep the blog union thugs from knocking on my door.

No comments: