Friday, July 25, 2008

Daily Links - 7/25/08

Ok, I really try not to do this, because this blog is supposed to be about baseball and the link I'm providing here isn't about baseball. But it is from Fire Joe Morgan and it is really funny, so I'm going to make an exception. Here, then, is the absurdity that is Steven A. Smith and Skip Bayless arguing about the virtues of the movie The Dark Knight.

Back to baseball. Hef gives an update on the games from last night, which is a good thing since I think last night was the first night all season that I didn't catch a single pitch from any of the games.

A brawl at a minor league game resulted in a player attempting to throw a ball into the opposing dugout, missing, and hitting a fan. Ugly stuff. I can't even imagine an appropriate punishment for the player.

In this interview Josh Kalk provides some valuable background information into understanding pitch f/x (a tool that I still haven't had the chance to play with enough).

Here are two articles from Fan Graphs. The first is a discussion of AJ Burnett's trade value and the second is an article discussing CC Sabathia's performance since the trade.

And that's all I've got for this week. The Cardinals bullpen has sapped my will to live... or at least to write about baseball for the time being.

No comments: